A career in radio can be exciting and fulfilling. At Canyon Media we are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join our team. While full-time position availability might change throughout the year, we always invite you to reach out and learn more about what positions might be open now and in the future.
Videographer & Production Specialist (Part-Time)
Salary $14-$16/hr DOE
Canyon Media & St. George News are looking for a part-time Videographer & Production Specialist. The position involves working with a team to achieve objectives and goals for Canyon Media & St. George News’ entities and our clients. We are looking for a Videographer & Production Specialist who wants to expand and improve on their current skills and abilities, with experience in Adobe Suite specifically Premiere and After Effects as well as camera operations, lighting, and audio. Daily tasks will include set up and tear down of video, lighting and audio equipment. As well as operating a camera, lighting, or audio based on video production needs. Canyon Media/St. George News is a fast paced and rapidly growing media company; always searching for new ways to improve efficiency and branding. We are looking for someone eager to improve their skill set while working with an incredible team of professionals.
Must be able to work well with others in the creation of new interactive ideas, videos, marketing strategies and social media ideas.
Some training will be provided.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs
- Setup video production equipment under direction of the video team.
- Sony DSLR experience highly recommended
- Good understanding of composition and video techniques
- Professional and able to work well with clients as needed
- Work with team members to achieve the best possible final video.
- Entry level Understanding of Green Screens and Chroma Keying technology
- Work with the Adobe Suite, specifically Premiere and After Effects
Courageous, confident, empathetic, enthusiastic, detail oriented, professional, honest, takes initiative, creative, organized, flexible, outgoing, personable, passionate, understanding of digital products and video services.
Canyon Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume & portfolio to email@example.com.
- Sell advertising air time on the radio stations to current and potential customers
- Prospect and sell new advertising to the station
- Researching your sales pitch
- Prepare and present presentations to customers and potential customers
- Provide high level of customer service
- Create effective promotions
- Take initiative toward solving problems and recommending creative advertising solutions
Attitude and Skills:
Courageous, confident, empathetic, enthusiastic, detail oriented, professional, honest, takes initiative, creative, organized, flexible, outgoing, personable, passionate
If you are interested and believe you have it what it takes for this position with the Canyon Media Sales department, please call Chris or Ben at 435-628-3643.
On-Air Radio Personality
- This is a Full-Time Position. Please contact HR@canyonmedia.net for more details and provide a resume.
- These responsibilities would include creating a unique on-air personality that represents their station and its brand. On-Air personalities will be expected to be energetic, engaging, and entertaining. The ability to know how to read from a script while sounding natural and conversational. This position will include the need to interact with listeners, guests, or clients over the airwaves and in person. Including, but not limited to: taking phone calls, hosting live events, posting on social media and responding to emails and text messages.
Attitude and Skills:
Confident, entertaining, social media experience, detail oriented, professional, honest, organized, flexible, and basic computer knowledge
Weeknight Board Op
- This position is an hourly in studio and occasionally on location position to help run the studio board for live high school sports broadcasts. Please contact HR@canyonmedia.net for more details and provide a resume.
Attitude and Skills:
Confident, detail oriented, professional, honest, organized, flexible, and basic computer knowledge